Popular Posts

Meet the Summer Scholars

Introducing Summer Scholar Sundays! 
I appologize that this is being posted a couple of days late.  I am away from home, and have not had the internet access I was hoping for.

For the next 6 weeks Sun Scholar Sundays will feature the five families using the Sun Scholar Summer Program, a summer fun and learning program that I created for primary aged students.  Through this, I hope to share some of the fun activities I've put together in hopes that others will see the value in using it with their own children.

I would like to introduce to you our five Summer Scholar Families!  Each week, they will be using several of the activities from the program, and sharing photos and comments with all of you. 

Amy

Hi! My name is Amy.  I am a stay-at-home Mom of 4 fun-loving & energetic kids. I have 7 year old boy/girl twins and twin boys who will turn 3 this summer. We love spending time together, crafting, playing sports, camping, hiking, boating and more. My kids love to learn & create, and though I always have wonderful intentions of filling their summers with fun & educational opportunities, the days get away from me and before I know it summer is gone! This summer program is so well structured, organized and creative! I am super excited to share it with my kids.


Melissa

Little background on "The Newell Family".....  We live in Florida, not Florida the state...but Florida, New York...funny huh!  It's about 60 miles North of NYC.  I am a Daughter of God, wife, mother of 4 - Jeremy 22 (not pictured), Zachary 6, Molly 3, Samantha 1 1/2, cancer survivor, traveler, home educator, love to read others blogs and get great ideas! Other than my salvation...staying home and raising our children is the best gift I have ever been given!

We love to go into NYC for shows, the Bronx Zoo and different activities!  We live on 1 1/2 acres of nice wooded property which affords us the opportunity for a lot of wildlife!  We have had bears, raccoons, opossum, raccoons, all kinds of birds including turkeys and eagles, woodchucks and more...

Molly loves ballet and Zachary loves most sports and plays baseball and soccer.  We love the outdoors and are outside as much as we can!  Hosting parties and playdates is what i love (besides teaching my family)!

Emily


Hi, I'm Emily a stay at home mom with five littles.  I enjoy doing a lot of things, but my days are mostly filled with cooking, playing, sewing, couponing, and making messes.  Thankfully I enjoy them all, if you notice I didn't put cleaning, something I do but don't enjoy as much as the others. 

My kids and I enjoy learning new things, their ages are 6 months, 2, almost 4, 5, and 8 years old.  With such a wide ranges of ages we are learning something everyday.

Emily also keeps a blog HERE.


Heather

My name is Heather, and my family and I live in Utah.  My husband and I have been married for 10 years and we have three children, ages 8, 6, and 2. Our fourth child is due in a few weeks and we are all really excited.  Our family loves to play golf, tennis, swim, and ski. I love to sew, cook, read and keep up with my blog, Family Volley. I am also a professor at Brigham Young University where I teach Family Psychology. 
Summer is my favorite time of year. I love having the kids home from school. This summer, with a new baby, we will be home more, and the Sun Scholars Program will be a perfect way for all of us to be active and engaged in continual learning, without leaving the house. We can't wait to get started. 

Julie

We live in Sioux City, Iowa. I am a 55 year old mother of three, grandmother of "only" these four...so far.  I do not work outside the home right now, but care for my 91 year old father and have TONS of hobbies.  I had a mother who was an EXCELLENT teacher.  Not only taught in the Sioux City schools for years, started a preschool, was educated in Europe on early childhood education, but worked for the State of Iowa in licensing daycares and promoting early education and preschools.  She was an early advocate of Montessori (from her Europe schooling) but incorporated into American learning curriculums.  She taught me a lot about helping children learn by having fun!  I think I am still enjoying learning every day at my age!!!

But right now, I am helping my daughter, Meredith, take care of the kids while her husband is deployed to Iraq with a Army Reserve Unit out of Kansas.  He will be gone now until at least next May. So, with the varied ages of kids and the fact that she is going to school full-time (even this summer) for her education degree, she is very busy!

I am so looking forward to using this program with Ronny and Aaliyah this summer when I care for them.  Ronny has had some major distraction in his studies this spring, and needs the educational support and fun this summer.  Having his father gone is tough on all of them, but being 9 and not having his father here is really tough.

Aaliyah is VERY bright and will be attending pre-K.  Since she can read a little they wondered if she could move up to K, but I told Meredith not too.  She is grownup, but she is still just 4 and needs to mature a lot before that big step into Kindergarten!!  Down the road it will really pay off.  But this summer program will help her a lot and we will have a lot of fun with it!



Are you using the Sun Scholar Summer Program?
If so, feel free to add this button to your blog!

Sun Scholars


We all look forward to sharing with you this Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment