Popular Posts

Valentine's Day Decorating

I found this beautiful wreath made out of crepe paper rosettes created by Natalie at Corduroy Dreams.  Check out her tutorial for step-by-step instructions to make this wreath for yourself.

So today I made a trip to the Dollar Store to grab the supplies to make one for myself.  I wasn't able to find the wreath form at the Dollar Store, so instead, I created three rosette balls to hang in my dining room.
The supplies I used to make each ball...


Let me first say, Natalie's rosettes turned out SO much nicer than mine.  I think I was using a slightly different technique in creating mine.  However, I was happy with the results.


The foam balls came in halves.  I hot glued a length of ribbon in a loop onto the flat side of one half of the sphere.

Glue the two halves together.

I glued the rosettes on as I created them, trying to place them  to fill in the holes.
Find the instructions on creating the rosettes HERE.

Make smaller rosettes, or roll small pieces of crepe to fill in any holes in your sphere.

The finished rosette ball.


And the complete display...


I am very happy with the finished result!  A simple and inexpensive way to add something special for Valentine's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment